Seeking Board Members with Passion and Determination
The Autism Society of Florida, founded in 1988, is an affiliate of the national Autism Society organization. When the Autism Society began, the rate of autism was one in 10,000. Today, the numbers are 1 out of 59. Our mission is to improve the lives of all affected by autism. We serve individuals, their families, and the professionals who support them across the lifespan and the autism spectrum.
Board meetings are scheduled monthly, and are conference call in nature, due to the size of our state and the diversity of our geography.
Board members are expected to:
– regularly attend meetings
– serve on at least one committee – (fund-raising, marketing, programs – water safety, hurricane/sensory kits, police training)
– promote the agency to family members, friends, associates, and members of the community
– participate in agency fund-raising activities and attend resource and special events
– make or generate an annual financial contribution to the agency
– recruit other board members and supporters
– become a member of the state and national Autism Society.
Our current board members are eager to be joined by people with a strong belief in the organization’s mission, willingness to learn and share, the time and energy to work, and have a real physical presence in our communities. The ASF is in the process of program development and need board members with availability for active participation.
We are seeking individuals that demonstrate community leadership who have robust and diverse networks, experience with teams and group decision-making, access to financial connections or resources, and the willingness to generate funds. Personal qualities ideal for board membership are persuasive, strategic, visionary, proactive, reliable, responsible, promotional, supportive, and a sense of humor.
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a Board Member, please contact our office, or complete an application at this link: Board Of Director Application